Thursday, July 17, 2003

I was off my bike for two days while I taught a photography workshop in the Sierra Nevada mountains - after I returned home Wednesday, I managed 8 miles in the early p.m, basically riding around the block.

It was outrageously hot and humid in Los Angeles, today. None-the-less, I put on 57 miles, most of it along the coast, and I climbed a little, too, about 1500 feet. I traveled through west L. A. to ride through the Veterans Adminstration grounds, then through tony Brentwood along San Vicente, down to 7th St, and up Amalfi, north of Sunset, before heading south to Ocean Ave. A visit to the Santa Monica Pier and Supergo bike shop (I needed to tighten my cassette) followed, then I was off along the beach bike path, down to the Manhattan Beach pier, before heading for home via Ballona Creek.

I was amazingly tired after the ride. I'm still hoping to be in shape for the Climb to Kaiser ride at the end of the month, but so far, I'm way behind in miles and altitude gained, and I'm several pounds heavier than I was last year.

No comments: