Monday, October 26, 2009


I'm just back from a week in Yosemite and the Sierra Nevada mountains. We hit autumn color at its peak.

Meanwhile, I've posted a few new photographs in a new online galleryhere, each made with my iPhone. I'll do my best to upload fresh photos often, and will chronicle them on occasion here, too.




All the images in the gallery are made and will be created using only the iPhone and some simple photo apps on the iPhone itself.

My inspiration for this new project comes from a Ken Rockwell lecture and the book, "The Best Camera is the One That's With You," by Chase Jarvis.


I'm not sure how good - or poor - these images are; however, I'm certain it's the photographer, and not the equipment, that make the difference. And I'm certain that getting up close and personal with a photographic subject is often the road to a good image. The iPhone fairly begs the photographer to make that close connection with whatever it's pointed at.


I suppose it's that way in life, too: the most interesting and rewarding subjects in life - people and places - are those to whom we turn full attention.

In a week I leave for the Southwest, on a couple of photography tours. I'm tempted to put my iPhone to primary use over the fancy cameras I usually shoulder.

Click on the iPhone images here for a larger view - visit the web page to view more.

Tech: made with my iPhone.

No comments: