Wednesday, July 01, 2009









A Ride to the Beach

Rather than drive my car five miles to slip an envelope under a door, I decided to ride my bike.
















And then I kept going, down to the beach bike path in Santa Monica, California.


















The summer day had began with blue skies and a warm sun. By later afternoon, though, the day clouded over a bit.

The rider in the tunnel is passing under the Santa Monica Pier.










The weather: perfect for cycling. And it wasn't bad for people watching, either. But it was less than perfect for lounging on the beach.



































































The odd-looking entity in front of the picture window confronts visitors at an antique shop, "Angels Attic." And it marks the spot where I stopped making photographs and concentrated on surviving rush hour traffic up Olympic Blvd.


No comments: